What the Business Traveler Needs in a Vacation Rental
Focus on these Amenities
With the advent of alternatives like Airbnb, VRBO, and HomeAway, business travelers have more options than traditional hotels. Why not boost your bookings by marketing your vacation rental for business travelers? Here are the top amenities to highlight to make your property more appealing.
- Accessibility – Make it easy to say ‘yes’ to your property. First, be sure to list your vacation rental where business travelers look for accommodations, such as on Bcom, Airbnb, RedAwningTravelPro and Google Hotel Search. For those who decide to drive or rent a car, give access to free parking to make their stay more enjoyable.
- Accommodations – Showcase your solutions to their needs. Promote the use of your spacious patio or backyard as an excellent venue for meetings. The office area can be a quiet workspace. Your dining area can set the stage for a memorable client meal. Since business travel often involves events outside of work, let guests know about local caterers, favorite restaurants or how to hire a chef who will prepare a home-cooked meal for lunch or dinner.
- Extras – The little items can have a big effect on satisfaction ratings. Remember, you’re competing with international hotel chains that cater to business travel. Your experience needs to meet or beat hotel quality in these areas:
- Create an area where they can set up their office with space to spread out laptops, paperwork, plugin charges. Good lighting and a comfortable chair are musts.
- Travelers expect a fast, steady signal and free, passworded access.
- Dish, Cable or Smart TV, your guests need to monitor news or the market, to watch sports or just relax and watch their favorite show.
- A good night’s rest starts with a comfortable mattress, soft sheets, and new pillows.
- Toiletries. Offer top-notch shampoos, soaps, and other bath items.
- Follow the hotel practice of offering daily room cleaning when they book your place.
- Business services. Notepaper pens, access to a printer, phone charger plugins in each room, and info on where to go for computer/office support services gives the business traveler what’s needed to stay connected to work.
Include surcharge information about any value-added services so clients will be able to make informed choices before receiving your invoice.
Take a picture of the workspace so you can include that in the photo gallery of your listings.
RedAwning Can Help with Ideas to Transform your Vacation Rental for Business Travelers
The RedAwning team of experts can help you with efforts to market your vacation rental for business travelers. We’ll connect your listings to the right booking channels and help ensure you present your property with useful and compelling information. Build your bookings and attract more business travelers by partnering with RedAwning.
Contact us at 844.306.2210 or fill out our online form to start bringing in business traveler reservations.