Include Photos in Your Vacation Rental Marketing Campaigns
How to Draw Guests in with Photos
Guests may enjoy reading or watching a mystery, but when it’s time to research their vacation, they take a deep dive into social media to find out more about the area. Remember the phrase “a picture’s worth a thousand words” as you develop marketing campaigns for your own properties. Marketing images let guests “see” themselves on vacation in the area surrounding your vacation rental. This helps make their decision to book with you much easier.
Use these tips to give guests a glimpse into why you love your vacation rental location.
- Plan the marketing images you want to share. You know the views you enjoy from your vacation rental. Before taking any photos or videos, be sure the setting makes the scene the start. Frame the imagery around a single point of interest to help your guests see through your eyes.
- Use a high-quality camera or smartphone. Presenting the best about your vacation rental means having eye-catching, well-organized, and high-resolution marketing images. Fortunately, many smartphones take great photos and short videos.
- ‘Staging’ social media photos and videos is okay. Placing a tray of brightly colored drinks or a beach towel and sandals near your pool evokes emotions of fun. Setting up a telescope on the balcony with the mountain view gives viewers a sense of scale. Importantly, show real-life settings. A comfy blanket and picnic at a local park while watching a performance shows you have fun community events.
- Include photos and useful information about local attractions. Although your vacation rental is the star of your marketing campaign, having marketing images of local attractions creates a link to your region. You’ll make guests aware that they’ll have a wholesome experience when they book with you. Create a short video of the attraction. Add notes or travelers’ tips about the area to give guests a better idea of what to expect during their stay.
- People in photos don’t need to be professional models. Kids on the beach is a photo everyone loves. People in full ski gear can be very vibrant and colorful. Ask permission to use people in photos or wrangle your family members and friends but ask them first too.
- Capture Holidays and Celebrations. Take advantage of holiday décor by photographing the area and events this year so you can use them next year. Special events are a great opportunity to get new images to add to your own stock collection for future marketing campaigns.
- A hint about pet photos. While people are happy to know you have a pet-friendly home, they don’t want to see pictures of pets on the furniture, so post photos of pets that are outside. Make a video clip of a dog on the pet-friendly beach or walking on-leash with their owner at a local hiking a trail.
In addition to having photos and videos to share on social media, you can use your updated portfolio for other marketing campaigns. So grab your camera or your smartphone and start capturing images! You’ll increase guest trust, showcase the value of your vacation rental, and share the best information about your location.
Connect with RedAwning to increase your vacation rental bookings
For more information about marketing campaigns for your vacation rental, talk with the RedAwning team. We’ll brainstorm ideas and offer suggestions for marketing images that highlight all the amazing features of your property. Increase your bookings and guest satisfaction by partnering with RedAwning.
Contact us at 844.306.2210 or fill out our online form to get started.