Career Opportunities at RedAwning
Join the fastest growing marketing and reservations solution for vacation rentals in the industry.
Recently ranked in the top ten of the 2018 Bay Area’s Fastest Growing Top 100 Private Companies, and an Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Company in 2018, RedAwning is one of the fastest growing leaders in the vacation rental industry, offering exceptional career paths and opportunities for entry-level, mid-level and senior-level employees. We work in a relaxed, high-ceilinged, loft-style office environment in Emeryville, with free snacks, lunch once a week, and Friday happy-hour. If you’d like to jump on this juggernaut, send us a cover letter and your resume.
Join the Emeryville-based startup that’s transforming the way people travel. We’re the fastest, easiest, safest way to distribute, market and book a vacation rental.
Digital Marketing Professionals (Colorado)
Several Digital Marketing positions are available!
All positions require responsibility, self-motivation, and excellent organizational skills. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day marketing tasks of multiple projects while educating staff members and clients in the current, emerging, and existing online marketing trends. You will also be responsible for continuing education to enhance and grow Blizzard’s knowledge of and standing in the industry.
Required Areas of Expertise:
- SEO and/or
- Pay Per Click and/or
- Social Media and/or
- Email Marketing and/or
- Generalist managing marketing plans using multiple Online Marketing channels
- Manage and Produce Deliverables
- Analyze Results
- Process Development
- Keeping Up with Trends
- Assisting Department with any Overflow Work
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Thrives in a multiple client and multiple project environment.
- Problem Solving:
- A hands-on approach to problem-solving; identifying issues and using initiative and available resources to generate solutions. Propose solutions before the customer brings problems to your attention.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Understands how to communicate difficult and sensitive information tactfully.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Utilizes team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- Customer Service:
- A positive attitude to publicly deal with people professionally.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and time, and possess organizational skills.
- Technical Skills:
- Pursues training and development opportunities.
- Experience of working with a team.
- Excellent working knowledge of online marketing and how it relates to the hospitality industry.
- A good understanding of what it takes to develop and maintain the most productive client relationships.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Blizzard’s product and the delivery of services.
- BA, BS or equivalent experience required.
- Good verbal & written communication skills and have the ability to work within a team environment.
- Desire and ability to keep up with trends in the online marketing industry.
- Professional customer service skills.
- Great organizational skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Team player.
- Great communication.
- Passionate and committed.
- Timely completion of special assigned tasks.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook programs.
- Strong knowledge of using and navigating the internet to research, shop and buy products, including travel.
- Drive and passion for continuing education to learn new software, techniques and procedures.
- Exhibit Excellent Team and A-Player Characteristics
- Quality of Work.
- Accountability for actions.
- Work/Life Balance for self and team.
- Integrity in all internal and external dealings.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and time.
- Infallible work ethic
- Flexibility & willingness to adjust in response to the constant changes in techniques.
Ultimately, we’re looking for outgoing, driven, passionate and curious individuals who enjoy a casual, dog-friendly work environment.
- Medical Benefits as well as Dental and Vision options after 60 days or 2 full months of employment.
- Paid Vacation Days.
- Sick pay (five sick days per year).
- Holiday pay.
Inside Sales Representative
Location: Emeryville (Bay Area), CA
Job Type: Full Time, Salary
Hours: 9am-5:30pm (Monday – Friday)
RedAwning, a fast-growing, leader in the vacation rental industry, is seeking a proactive, motivated Inside Sales Representative to play a pivotal role in growing our collection of self-managed vacation properties.
You have at least 2+ years of experience working with digital technologies as an account/sales manager and have a proven track record of success. Achieving sales goals and quotas is what you live for and drives you to come to work ready to succeed every day. You’re a skilled problem-solver, well-spoken, have excellent presentation & communication skills, and are looking for your next opportunity at an innovative, high growth tech company.
Do you pay close attention to detail? Do you love to learn and proactively look for new opportunities? If you are looking to get into a high-growth private company and help us build the vacation rental collection of the future, join our hot tech start-up and be instrumental in the rapid growth and success of our innovative business!
RedAwning is an Emeryville-based company that provides complete end-to-end digital marketing and distribution services to property managers and owners of vacation rental homes, condos and apartments. We also a website providing instant, hotel-style reservations for over 80,000 properties in 1000s of destinations to customers and travel agents.
Department: Business Development
Reports to: Vice President of Business Development
Position Summary: This position will report to the VP of Business Development and work closely with the Director, Sales and Marketing. The successful candidate will become a key member of our Owner Program Inside Sales Team and have a strong understanding of business-to-business sales and have strong communication skills. The candidate will enjoy proactively expanding our base of property owners on a market-by-market basis. The ideal candidate should be comfortable speaking to property owners at a high level and have a strong understanding of the hospitality and vacation rental market in order to attract property owners to join our program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Navigate a high volume of marketing generated leads in a fast-paced, high-velocity environment
- Recognize business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their value in our program
- Initiate sales process by scheduling appointments; making initial presentations; understanding account requirements
- Provide consultative solution selling to property owners in the vacation rental industry
- Hit or exceed daily/weekly/monthly goals (average of 25 calls per day)
- Find new prospects and candidates for referral program
- Handle objections and help property owners have a clear understanding of our services
- Maintain a large sales pipeline of new to late-stage sales opportunities
- Manage sales activities within Hubspot including processing leads, tracking, and reporting
- Participate in regular sales training and skill sessions
- Collaborate closely with other sales and marketing teams to optimize sales strategies and maintain high conversion
Qualifications: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Education and/ or experience:
- BS/ BA degree or equivalent
- Two or more years of B2B sales experience in travel and hospitality industries is preferred
- Familiarity with Property Management Systems and/or the Vacation Rental Market
- Strong prospecting and problem-solving skills with a broad understanding of vacation rental technology and software
Abilities and Attributes:
- Strong phone presence and comfortable having high level conversations
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with strong listening and presentation skills
- Must be accurate, organized, and highly detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and effectively manage time/workload
- Self-starter, works independently and accomplishes tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively with different levels of staff and management
- Ability to work under pressure and successfully meet deadlines on multiple tasks
- Excellent decision-making with the ability to assimilate a variety of information from diverse individuals and make decisions for which a precedent may not exist
- Must be pro-active in identifying and proposing solutions
- Requires employee to function in a general office environment and accomplish tasks
- The work environment is a normal office environment, with business casual attire
- This position is mainly conducted in an open office environment
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Seeing: Must be able to see well enough to read reports
- Hearing and Speaking: Must be able to hear and speak well enough to communicate with PM’s and other employees
- Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about the department
- Climbing/ Stooping/ Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel to pick up paper products
- Fingering/ Grasping/ Feeling: Must be able to type and use other technical sources
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing may be required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary with lots of potential for growth based on your success and ours
- Fully Paid Medical Coverage for yourself with optional dental and vision plans as an add on at employee’s expense
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Fun, Emeryville- Based office with flexible hours
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested and qualified persons may apply by emailing your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org . Due to the volume of résumés we receive, it is impossible for us to contact each candidate individually; therefore, if your résumé is selected, we will contact you for an interview.